Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A DASH OF ENTREPRENEURIAL #8 | Beauty 201

Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 8th post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!"

A few months ago, I discovered the wonderful benefits and many uses of Shea Butter. Since then, I've been enjoying making my own concoctions. I'll admit, my first few attempts were a bit of a disaster...too much oil and too gritty...but thanks to Google and YouTube, I've finally got the hang of things.

My skills have greatly improved in this area and it's also a lot of fun making something from scratch that's not only good for you, is chemical-free [have you tried to pronounce some of the ingredients in your creams and lotions lately?] and has a scent tailored to me. Some of the ingredients I used can be on the expensive side, but if you have the patience, I strongly encourage you to shop around for the best price. I wait until I find Shea Butter on sale, then stock up. ;-)

This is a batch of my new creme that I made earlier today. It's extremely smooth and silky like whipped cream. It applies easily to the skin, does not leave a greasy residue [like some of my earlier versions] and the scent of this new batch is heavenly. So, without any further ado, here's what I used.


P.S. Don't forget to share if you like this post.

See you next time!
EPGsig

4 comments :

  1. I love using all natural items that are handmade but just do not have the patience or time to make them. But I would buy them and do not mind paying a little more as they are so much better for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Glenda.
      I am trying to move away from products that contain lots of chemicals and fillers. I've only recently started experimenting with my own natural products. So far, I have used my recipes on my face, body and hair without any side effects whatsoever. Yes, it take time, but it's a lot of fun experimenting with a variety of natural oils and butters. Everything I make starts with shea butter as a base. It's such a versatile product. I appreciate your comment and hope you will stop by again soon. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Hello goddess. that sounds like it is fun to make too.. i dont have time but if i did , i would be all over that... happy a to z...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chrystal.
      It is indeed a lot of fun. I'll admit, it can be time-consuming, but it's also very therapeutic and helps to sharpen your patience skills (lol). Thanks for stopping by. All the best with the challenge!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!