Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I am taking part in the 2014 A-Z Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April, with Sundays off. Today's letter is: Q for Qualities of God [Click here to see my other AtoZ posts]
How real is God to you? Do you even believe there is a God? If so, what do you really know about God? I know where you can find the answers. Please join me on a journey through God's Word, the Bible and let me show you a few of God's attributes that you might not have previously known...ready?
1. First and foremost, God is not a lifeless, mysterious entity, as some might have you believe. He is the Creator of the universe and all life. (Genesis 1:1, 2, 11-13, 20-23, 24-31; Acts 17:25) He is not nameless either. Indeed, He has a Name. It is not God, which is a title [like president, queen, sir, madam, mum or dad]. God's Name is the greatest Name not only in the Bible [where it appeared in the original Hebrew manuscripts over 7,000 times], but also in heaven and on earth, a name that is even more revered than that of Jesus Christ. That Name in Hebrew is represented by the Tetragrammaton יהוה and when translated, corresponds to the letters YHWH, which are pronounced Yahweh or more commonly JEHOVAH. (Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 12:2, 16:4)
2. God's most dominant quality is love. In fact, the Bible tells us Jehovah is the God of love and peace. (Isaiah 2:4, 48:18; John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 13:11; 1 John 4:10, 19)
3. The God of justice and righteousness. (Deuteronomy 32:3, 4; Job 34:10; Psalms 33:15; Romans 3:21-26)
4. Jehovah is the God of power. (Psalms 74:16; Isaiah 40:26; Matthew 22:29; Romans 1:20)
And just in case you still need a vivid visual of God's superlative power, consider the Book of Exodus where you will find the accounts of the Ten Plagues and the parting of the Red Sea. Proof that NO man is greater than God!!!
5. The God of wisdom. (Job 26:14; Psalms 104:24, 139:14; Romans 11:33, 16:27)
6. The God of mercy. (Jeremiah 31:34; Micah 7:18; Ephesians 4:32-5:1; Colossians 3:13)
7. Jehovah is the God of goodness. (Genesis 1:31; Psalms 25:8, 119:68, 145:9; Mark 10:17, 18)
8. The God of patience. (Nehemiah 9:30; Romans 9:22; 1 Corinthians 13:4; 2 Peter 3:8, 9, 15;)
9. The God of faithfulness and loyalty. (Deuteronomy 32:4; Exodus 34:6, 7; Psalms 146:6; 1 Corinthians 10:13)
10. The God who cares for us. (Psalms 46:1-3, 8, 9; Luke 4:16-19; 1 Peter 5:7; Revelation 21:3, 4)
These are just some of Jehovah God's qualities. The Bible contains many more. They prove that God is very real and that He has feelings. In fact, we experience a wide array of feelings and emotions, because we were created in His image! (Genesis 1:26, 27) So, let me ask you again, how real is God to you?
*Scriptures ~ New World Translation Bible (2013) available to read/download free here