Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Monday, April 21, 2014

A to Z Challenge - R is for ROSE


Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I am taking part in the 2014 A-Z Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April, with Sundays off. Today's letter is: R for Rose [Click here to see my other AtoZ posts]

I am not in the slightest bit "green-fingered" and I haven't got the foggiest idea when it comes to planting gardens, but I do love flowers though, especially the bright and colourful ones. Flowers just have a way of immediately making me feel better and who can deny their intoxicating fragrance?

I do have a penchant for sweet-smelling roses too...probably explains why I like to use Rose Water a lot in my DIY lotions and creams! If roses were not so expensive to buy, I'd have them in every room of my home all the time.
 When you think of beautiful flower gardens or window boxes, do you envision the Garden of Eden and how glorious that place might have been or even what Paradise will be like in the coming future? Have you ever seen how flowers curl up as a chilly night closes in or how they unfurl when the sun starts to peek from behind the clouds or what about when they dance in a gentle breeze? Just thinking about these things brings a smile to my face. Did you realise that flowers are another form of evidence of Jehovah God's creation and love? God, not man, made the earth and all the living things on it especially for us to enjoy. (Genesis 1:1, 26-31) And there's no greater evidence of God's love for us than the well-known scripture at John 3:16 which reads: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."
 So let us always remember to offer praises and thanks to our Great God, Jehovah, each and every day for the wonderful gift of life...and roses!


*Scriptures ~ New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (2013) available to read/download free here
**Photo by Entrepreneurial Goddess (me!)**

See you next time!
EPGsig

6 comments :

  1. Very lovely post.

    I linked to your #AtoZChallenge participation on my post for 'R' - No I Wont Review Your Book. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deena Rae.
      Thanks for taking the time to visit. Wishing you all the best with the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Flowers are indeed amazing!

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Biblical theme. I enjoyed reading several of your posts, but thought I would leave one more comment here, since Rose is my daughter's name. Though I added myself as a follower, I didn't see it pop up I wanted to let you know, this is one visitor who appreciated what you had to say. God bless, Maria @ Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Maria.
      I appreciate you taking the time to peruse my blog.
      I haven't enabled the Friends Connect gadget, but it's nice of you to add yourself as a follower. I love flowers and colours, but I do have a penchant for roses. I just wish I could smell them year round! Many thanks again.

      Delete