Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A to Z Challenge - S is for SADNESS


Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I am taking part in the 2014 A-Z Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April, with Sundays off. Today's letter is: S for Sadness [Click here to see my other AtoZ posts]

I have a lot going on this month and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed trying to complete my first A-Z challenge. Then I had an idea...why not write a poem to reflect my mood...so here it is [with help from my poet friend, Andy]:

SADNESS
by

In the silent hours of a lonely night,
sadness spoke to me kindly,
like the whistling winds of a quiet storm.
~
Listening intently to the voice of sorrow,
my heart became filled
with profound resignation,
as I began to understand
that sadness is more beautiful
than flowers given in lies and deceit.
~
Even when stabbed with pain,
the heart can still find comfort
from tears of sadness,
just like a flower finds refreshment
from sweet-tasting rain.
~
Sadness has become my true friend
and companion lately,
since love forsook my heart for another.
~
Sadness even gives me maternal love
since there is no one else
to comfort my aching heart
and depressed soul.
~
Sadness has become so reliable
that I actually pray for its arrival.
~
Sadness is always lurking
in the depths of my heart…
since happiness and love
are no longer my friends.
~
© 2014-present Entrepreneurial Goddess

See you next time!
EPGsig

No comments :