Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I am taking part in the 2014 A-Z Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April, with Sundays off. Today's letter is: W for Woman [Click here to see my other AtoZ posts]
In many cultures today, extremists treat women dishonorably based on deep-seated, misaligned, religious traditions. Women are physically, mentally and sexually abused throughout their lives. Do you think God intended women to be scorned and mistreated by men? Certainly not! Let's consider what God's Word, the Bible says:-
- Genesis 1:27-31 states from the beginning, Jehovah God created humans, both male and female, with the abilities to reflect His [God's] qualities. They both received the same commission and the same rights before their Maker.
- Genesis 2:18 states Jehovah God created woman as a "helper" for the man, a "complement" of him.
- Exodus 20:12; 21:15, 17; Proverbs 1:8 states both father and mother are to be honoured.
- Deuteronomy 31:12 states women were to be given access to education.
When Jesus was on earth, he treated women with the utmost respect and dignity. Consider these examples:-
- He did not consider women to be sexual objects - Matthew 5:28
- He took time to teach women - Luke 10:38-42
- He cared for women by showing a little girl's life to be just as important as a boy's - Mark 5: 35, 41, 42
- He trusted women by having them be the first ones to bear witness to his resurrection - Matthew 28:1, 8-10
So, the lesson is that when a man and a woman imitate Christ and are guided by Bible principles, both are given the respect and freedom God originally intended for them to have. Jehovah God lovingly instituted the headship arrangement for a purpose [carefully read 1 Corinthians 11:3 and Ephesians 5:21-33]. Each person, be it man, woman, child or even animal is to be in subjection to someone else. All of us are ultimately to be in subjection to Jehovah God, since He alone is the Creator of life and Sovereign Ruler. There is no higher authority than His. When each one of us recognizes and obeys the headship arrangement, everyone benefits. This in turn leads to a happy home, a happy husband/wife and a happy family. (Genesis 1:27, 28; 1 Peter 3:1, 4-7)
*Scriptures from ~ New World Translation Bible (2013) available to read/download free here