Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A to Z Challenge - Y is for YARROW


Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I am taking part in the 2014 A-Z Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April, with Sundays off. Today's letter is: Y for Yarrow [Click here to see my other AtoZ posts]

Yarrow (botanical name "Achillea Millefolium") is a herbaceous plant that grows everywhere, in grass, meadows, pastures and even by the roadside. It has stems that can reach 3-1/2 feet in height and leaves that have a feathery appearance.

It has a strong, sweet scent, similar to chrysanthemums. The plant has a long history as a "healing herb" in the treatment of wounds, cuts and abrasions. It can also be used as an astringent, tonic, stimulant, diaphoretic and tea for severe colds and fevers. Back in the day it was also used as snuff!


See you next time!
EPGsig

6 comments :

  1. Oh, I love yarrow for its sturdiness. And who knew it had all those uses? You did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nicki.
      I must admit, I had no clue about this until I did some research for my post. It's certainly beautiful. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried growing yarrow, and it's height and sweet scent make it sounds appealing!

    Nancy at Hungry Enough To Eat Six
    2014 A to Z Challenge Participant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy.
      I myself am not green-fingered in any way, but I am trying to learn the basic, so to speak, for if I decide to indulge in gardening! ;-) I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  3. Cool. I love healing herbs.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello SittieCates.
      Thanks for taking the time to comment/visit. Much appreciated.

      Delete