Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Thursday, April 02, 2015

A to Z Challenge | B is for BEESWAX


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
  If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know I have a love-hate friendship with Beeswax. On one hand, I like to use it in my DIY products for extra moisturization and stabilization, but on the other hand, if I use too much, it can make my creams too greasy and you'll need to air-dry all day for it to soak into the skin or it can make them so hard that they are unspreadable!

I do, however, love to use it in my Homemade Lip Balm and for that recipe, it's perfect. You can get beeswax directly from your local bee supplier or buy it in a solid block or pellets (yellow or white) like the photo below. I haven't got time to grate and measure, so I prefer the ease of the pellets. They melt quicker too. I use both the yellow(unrefined) and white (refined).
Today's letter is: B for Beeswax


See you next time!
EPGsig

18 comments :

  1. Interesting things one can do with beeswax. Where would we be without those helpful little insects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephen.
      I agree! When I was doing research on how to make my DIY creams/lotions, I actually came across many different uses for beeswax, some of which I never would have thought of, e.g. beeswax chewing gum!

      Delete
  2. Very usual stuff, Beeswax. But yes, you have to use it right or it doesn't work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David.
      You're right there! Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. New follower here - stopping by from the "A to Z Challenge". I look forward to visiting again!

    Sylvia
    www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia.
      Thanks for joining the Guest Suite. I appreciate the visit too. I'll be over to your blog soon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello Intangible Hearts.
      Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  5. This is a use for beeswax that I haven't tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paula.
      Indeed. Now that I'm into making my own DIY beauty products, I'm finding uses for some very common things and they're not too expensive either. I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  6. not sure I would go for the beeswax chewing bum, but it looks like an opportunity to dig further into potential uses, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claudia.
      Beeswax gum doesn't appeal to me either. I'm going to have to start checking my gum packets to see what the actual ingredients are! Nice of you to stop by.

      Delete
  7. So many benefits from a few little bees! And they were very hard to find around our parts after Hurricane Rita came through in 2005.
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
    A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbara.
      I remember you from last year's challenge!
      I didn't know that about the bees in your area. Thanks for sharing.
      Not sure how the hosts and co-hosts manage to keep participants in line during the challenge and post for their own blogs too. I appreciate the hard work on the part of all of you. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. I've always been in awe of people who could make things like lip balm. I've always wanted to try.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Liz.
      Oh please give it a try. It's not hard at all. In fact, if it doesn't turn our right, you can always remelt it so you don't waste your ingredients. It's a lot of fun and something you can do with the kids if they're old enough. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  9. I'm fairly certain I have "none of your beeswax".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      Most people would not normally have this in their homes unless they are into soap making or diy beauty like me.

      Delete