Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Friday, April 03, 2015

A to Z Challenge | C is for COCOA BUTTER


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
  I make my own body creams and lotions, which sometimes include Cocoa Butter as one of the ingredients. This is a hard butter, which comes in a solid block or wafer form like the photo below.

The wafers are much easier to melt and I love the chocolate smell. They are not food grade so even though they smell like chocolate, I wouldn't recommend eating them! Cocoa Butter has many wonderful benefits for the skin, some of which include fading of stretch marks, all-over moisturizer and can even help with dermatitis/eczema to name but a few. Click here to try my Cocoa-Shea Body Creme
Today's letter is: C for Cocoa Butter


See you next time!
EPGsig

10 comments :

  1. Hi Barbara, i'm stopping by to say hi as I'm out abd about visiting people on the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Stephen.
      You're certainly busy! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I have used cocoa butter lotions before but I've never tried making my own. I love the way it always smells. :-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cait.
      I too used to use a lot of cocoa butter lotions, but I found my skin was always dry. I've been trying to wean myself away from chemically-laden products and have been making my own lotions and body creams for more than a year now. It's a lot of fun. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I like to see things in their raw form. Interesting they form this into wafers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David.
      Not sure how this is even achieved, but it makes it easier for me to work with it!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for enlightening me on the benefits of cocoa butter! I look forward to reading more.

    Stuart

    www.lloydofgamebooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stuart.
      You're welcome! Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  5. As long as they don't look like chocolate I should be fine. But if these were darker, I'd be tempted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      Lol. They actually smell like chocolate and whatever I make with them comes out smelling like chocolate too, which I love the smell of - especially lip balm. But thankfully they are not food grade, otherwise I'd probably eat them all myself!

      Delete