Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

A to Z Challenge | A is for ARROWROOT


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
Today's letter is: A for Arrowroot
  This is a light powder often used as an alternative thickener for sauces, soups and even DIY creams/lotions.

Can also be used instead of baking soda when making homemade deodorant.


See you next time!
EPGsig

12 comments :

  1. Wifey and I are foodies and I've never heard of Arrowroot. I learned something new today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephen.
      I first learned of arrowroot while vacationing with my parents in the Caribbean years ago. I believe it used to be a staple for the Caribbean Arawak people. Nowadays though, it's now mostly cultivated in the poorer areas.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Visiting on an A to Z hop!
    I remember eating arrowroot cookies...used to love those!
    http://skaypisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sangita.
      That sounds interesting! I might look up a recipe to try those.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. i knw arrowroot it is wayyy to starchy!!! perfect to thicken soups though!! but somehow i used to enjoy these arrowroot biscuits that my gramps used to get wen i was a kid! i was addicted :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello megzone.
      Arrowroot biscuits is something I've never heard of until an earlier commenter (Sangita) mentioned it. That'll be my next project..making arrowroot biscuits!
      Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  4. Cool I have heard of Arrowroot but never knew what it was used for..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mike.
      I'm judging from previous comments that arrowroot is quite a common and useful product.
      Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  5. Always learn something new on the A to Z, heard or Arrowroot but never knew what it was or what it was used for!

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    p.s. enjoyed the music by Omar Akram (Falling through the Rain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mars.
      As a youngster, mum used arrowroot a lot, but I never really paid much notice until I started my DIY Beauty regiment. I've been looking for natural ingredients in an effort to veer away from all the chemically-laden products out there.
      I'm happy you like the music...I like Omar's music too, it's very relaxing!
      Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

      Delete
  6. Sorry I'm late! Visiting from A to Z. So Arrowroot is kinda like cornstarch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth.
      Oh you're not late!
      Yes, they are both starch thickeners, but slightly different. Cornstarch is usually used with dairy items and for cooking things at higher temperatures. Arrowroot is for cooking at lower temperatures and generally used in sauces and things you want to freeze.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete