Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Thursday, April 16, 2015

A to Z Challenge | N is for NICKEL and NOSTALGIA


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
  When I first came to America, I could never get my head around the coins, in particular the NICKEL (5 cents) and dime (10 cents). Even today, fifteen years on, I still get confused between these two.

I don't use this small change very often and usually just keep a stash handy for my hubby to grab and go when he needs to buy a cup of coffee at work or if we need change to park in town. Going through my things, I was having a NOSTALGIA moment too, so this is kind of a double post.
Today's letter is: N for Nickel and Nostalgia


Artist sketch of a younger ~Me~, Turkey 1985

See you next time!
EPGsig

10 comments :

  1. Well, the nickel is bigger, you'd think it would be worth more! :) Great pic of a younger you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer.
      That would be my first opinion about the nickel too!
      Thanks for commenting & visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. I toss my small change in my top drawer. After a while I put it in a Ziplock baggie and use the self checkout at the grocery store. Cashiers hate to see a pile of small change.. Anyway, I'll often have 20 or 30 in small change. It adds up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephen.
      I have one of those gallon jugs of pennies that's almost full. I wonder how much is in that? I never thought of using them at the self checkout...thanks for the tip!
      Appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely sketch! And what a fun post about nickels. I take them for granted, so your post made me take more notice to the coins in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trudy!.
      These small coins certainly do add up and they make your purse heavy. The sketch was actually done by a local artist on the beach in Turkey many, many years ago.
      Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  4. Money can be strange-We have the Loonie ($1.00) and the Twoonie ($2.00) coins. The dimes are so thin and small:) Love the drawing of yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Birgit.
      Loonie and Twoonie almost sound cartoon-like! (lol)
      The drawing was done by a local artist in Turkey many years ago.
      Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

      Delete
  5. As much as I love European money, it still confuses me at times. 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p. And why is the 5p smaller than the 1p & 2p? I do love the feel of a pound sterling though. Every time I visit London, I bring a few home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      I have no idea why 5p is smaller than 1 and 2p. I agree, there's something to the weight of one GBP sterling. I'm glad you're enjoying your trips to London. Thanks for taking the time to stop by here.

      Delete