Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Friday, April 17, 2015

A to Z Challenge | O is for OILY


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
  I use a lot of essential oils in my diy products from beauty to household cleaning. Sometimes, it's difficult to envision what a scent smells like from the description. I recently discovered a company here in the US called Elements Bath & Body.

They are a husband and wife team based in Smithfield, Kentucky. They have a nice selection of essential/fragrance oils and offer free samples when you place an order. They also offer worldwide shipping and there are no order minimums. Service and shipping to where I live was excellent! I have to be careful with some essential oils though, because hubby has eczema and not all essential oils are skin-friendly. We both love Lavender, it doesn't bother his skin and so I tend to add it to everything I make.
Today's letter is: O for Oil (specifically Essential Oils)


My essential oil collection

See you next time!
EPGsig

6 comments :

  1. Friday 17th April 2015

    Dear Barbara,

    Great theme, things around your house. I have not been able to stick to one clear theme, but survival skills keeps popping up.

    Thank you for visiting my N-post and reminding me that nettles are actually edible - if you cook them.

    You are first commenter on that post and have received an extra link back to your blog-post.

    Best wishes,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna.
      Thank you for the kind gesture. You are also the first commenter on this post (smile).
      I appreciate kind gesture and thank you for visiting.

      Visit Anna's Blog

      Delete
  2. I need to learn something about the uses. I use lavender oil in my bath sometimes, but I just have no knowledge base for most stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hart.
      Lavender is such a calming scent. Sometimes, I'll add it to rose water and spritz my pillows before bed...helps me to relax. When I started on my chemical-free journey, I had no idea about oils and such, but I've read a lot, practised a lot and know what our skins do and don't like.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Essential oils truly are "essential," but I didn't realize that until a few years ago. Now I probably use at least one (and usually more) essential oil a day. I have lemongrass EO on today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Trudy.
      Lemongrass is one of my favourites too! My hair loves it as well.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete