Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Friday, April 24, 2015

A to Z Challenge | U is for UNITED UNDER THE SUN


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
Today's letter is: U for United Under the Sun
Last summer 2014, mumsie, hubby and I had the privilege of attending an international convention in Washington, Maryland. It was my first ever international convention and one I shall never forget!
I met people from all walks of life, cultures and nationalities. Together, united in our love of Jehovah God and each other, we sat peacefully through the sweltering sun, a few rain showers and enjoyed three beautiful and memorable days of praise and worship to God. There were no guns, no fighting, no shouting, no pushing and shoving, no cursing and no littering. On this, the final day of the convention, more than sixty thousand plus people (60,000+) were in attendance in the stadium alone! Can you see me? (lol) Yes, love, laughter and joy were in abundance in that stadium...proving peace really does exist, but only among God's true worshippers! (John 13:35*)

Photo credit JW Instagram

There were lots of UMBRELLAS too!

Photo by ~Me~ (Entrepreneurial Goddess)

*New World Translation Bible (2013) available to read/download free here

See you next time!
EPGsig

8 comments :

  1. Always a wonderful thing to praise God. Leaves one filling fulfilled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Keren.
      Yes indeed!
      Thank you for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  2. That was a huge gathering. Sounds like an uplifting experience. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    God bless!
    Inventions by Women A-Z
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon.
      It was very much an uplifting experience..a time of peace, to escape the wickedness of this world.
      I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to be at an international convention. A few from my congregation went to an International convention in Korea last year. That was awesome. I'd love to go to an International convention in Thailand some day if I can since I'm in a foreign language group that is learning Karen Sgaw, a language spoken in Myanmar where many refuges have to flee to Thailand to escape the government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      This was one of the most memorable and meaningful moments of my life. Even though it was extremely hot and rained a bit, everyone was happy. I've never been somewhere with this many people before (60,000+), but I was surrounded by love and laughter from people of all nations and tribes. An international convention in Thailand sounds awesome. I know of the language Karen Sgaw as a few of the girls in my congregation are conducting bible studies with families who speak that language. In fact, you can read biblical literature in that language online here. Thanks for sharing your experience.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm fairly aware of that website, and that language side of it. As I know most people in the Karen foreign language groups, Our KH was just renovated so we have an addition we use for our Karen group. We utilize the Karen songbook, 1-55 are now available and have talks streamed in from Utica New York where the first American Karen congregation is. One day our group will be it's own congregation. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

      Delete
    3. Hello again Jeffrey.
      That's interesting. I hope it all works out for your KH. Thanks for the additional information. It's always nice to hear how the preaching work is reaching more and more people in these last days. Thanks for popping back.

      Delete