Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A to Z Challenge | Y is for YELLOW BANANAS


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
Today's letter is: Y for Yellow Bananas
I love bananas - they're a good source of fibre for your digestive system and potassium to help keep your blood pressure under control. If I plan to have a very long day, I'll usually eat a healthy breakfast consisting of a banana, some fruit and a bowl of porridge (oatmeal for those in the US) and/or toast and eggs.

You can also use bananas in a face mask or hair smoothie. I don't have any posted recipes, but you can easily Google them and see what pops up. I love to make Banana Bread too. I usually use really overripe bananas, you know the ones that you'd probably throw away because they're just too squidgy to eat, they're the best to give the bread more of that delicious, banana taste.
EPG Tip: Separate the bananas from the bunch so they don't all ripen up at the same time!


See you next time!
EPGsig

6 comments :

  1. I love bananas too. Depending on how you count / classify, Sri Lanka has more than 30 or more than 60 kinds of bananas to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Devika.
      WoW! I had no idea...that's a lot of choices...but I bet they taste much better than the ones we buy in the supermarket here in the US!
      Thanks for sharing and visiting.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I like bananas, but they always ripen to fast on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia.
      You're welcome!
      Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  3. I did not know that about bananas. Are we supposed to keep them all separate. I've also heard not to store them in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      Since bananas are used to warm and hot climates, they don't like the cold. Keeping them in the fridge might make them last a little longer, but the cold will make the skin darken to not-so-appealing bananas. Doesn't look too good to eat, but the insides will be ok for a few days. Yes, separate them all from the stalk and then they don't all ripen at the same time, which means less waste and more money in your pocket.

      Delete