Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A to Z Challenge | Z is for ZINC OXIDE


Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.

Hooray...huZZah...yippee! Today is the last day for taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. You can find my previous entries here...
  It's certainly been challenging finding things around my home for some of the not-too-often-used letters like Q, U, V, X, Y and Z. I've come across items that have been hidden in the recesses of my cupboards for I don't know how long.

Good thing they have expiry dates on! I've quite enjoyed the seek and find challenge and it's given me the opportunity to have a good tidy up and discard if needed. I forgot I had this bag of Zinc Oxide, which I don't use too often, but it's good for adding SPF to my DIY lotions and creams. You want to be careful when handling this stuff and should wear some sort of covering over your nose and mouth so it doesn't get into your lungs! I have a recipe using zinc oxide here.
So, the final letter of the Challenge is: Z for Zinc Oxide.


See you next time!
EPGsig

28 comments :

  1. And Z is for finished! Thanks for being there for A to Z!

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    Z is for Zombie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen!
      I'm glad it's finished too...my energy is almost gone!
      Thanks for all your visits during the month.

      Delete
  2. It looks like we had a similar theme this time. I also showed the things around my home that I'm keeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen.
      I didn't realize you had a theme too. I only briefly stopped by your blog in the early hours of the night just to say hello ;-)
      I'll have to pop on over again to review some of your other posts.
      Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  3. Interesting theme!

    Congrats on finishing the challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on surviving the Challenge! Zinc oxide is nasty stuff. I hope everyone takes your advice and handles it with care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello J E Oneil.
      Zinc Oxide helps to protect our skin from the harmful uva/uvb rays of the sun, but like all things, it comes with warnings too.
      Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  5. Nice theme and congrats on finishing the A2Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Barbara, for taking the time to comment on my family history A-Z posts, and congratulations on perseverance with this year's challenge with such an inventive theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Sue.
      Oh you're very welcome and thank you for taking the time to pop in! Your visit is very much appreciated.

      Delete
  7. Well thankfully it's over and it was nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks intangible Hearts!
      Nice to meet you too.

      Delete
  8. ZInc Oxide totally makes me think of lifeguards - back in the day - with their white greased-up noses.
    Congratulations on completing the A to Z challenge for 2015.
    We made it! (I did 5 blogs this year for the series - all on different topics. Whew.)
    Thanks for stopping by at
    The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers . Hope you will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda.
      WoW! 5 blogs...I could hardly keep up with my one! Congratulations to you too!
      Many thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  9. And you stopped in at Practically at Home too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!
      I'm so glad I was able to visit at least two of your 5 blogs! (lol)

      Delete
  10. Such a great theme for the A to Z. Ooh, love the idea of DIY creams. I'd like to try making some. Zinc oxide reminds me of Flanders on The Simpsons "want me to zinc your sniffer?" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deniz..
      it's actually quite easy to make your own diy creams...just a bit more time consuming and you have to play with the ingredients to get everything perfect, but that's the fun of experimenting! I don't watch much tv so am not familiar with Flanders.
      Thanks for stopping by though.

      Delete
  11. Yay! We both survived! Well done! Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mina.
      Congratulations to you too for completing the challenge!

      Delete
  12. Zinc Oxide. I think that's a first for a blog post, at least that I've seen. Congrats on a successful A to Z season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy!
      Even though I pre-wrote and pre-scheduled my posts, Z was an issue for me. Thankfully that bag of Zinc saved the day! Zinc Oxide is not the kind of thing one ordinarily has around the house unless you're a diy-er like me. Many thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on doing all A-Z. Told you I'd stop by and check out your list.
    I like to let my yes mean yea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeffrey!
      Your comments and visits have been greatly appreciated. Thank you for letting your yes mean yes and for sharing your tips and experiences along the way

      Delete
  14. Hi! I don't think I've ever communicated with a Goddess before. How cool!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bob.
      I guess there's a first time for everything! (lol)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete