Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Thursday, June 11, 2015

A DASH OF ENTREPRENEURIAL #18 | Truth

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 18th post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!" Now that the AtoZ Challenge is over, I've resumed my irregular, infrequent mewsings.

Many people today use their various electronic devices like iPads, Galaxies, Kindles (just to name a few) for reading. I love my iPad and use it everyday, but when it comes to reading, I'm a bookworm at heart.

I have loved reading books from the moment I could read. If you ever wanted to find me, all you had to do was follow the book trail and there I'd be with my nose deep in the chapters of my favourite book. At bedtime lights out, I'd be reading by flashlight under the covers...probably explains why my eyes are not so good today! Mum used to say I was addicted, she's right of course. I don't know what it is, but I just love how books smell and how they feel when I turn the pages. However, as I grew older and increased in knowledge, certain questions kept cropping up, which no one ever really gave me satisfactory answers to, including my vicar! Questions like:
  • Does God really care about me?
  • Does God even hear my prayers?
  • Will the atrocities of war, sickness and suffering ever end?
  • What happens to us when we die?
Much to my amazement, I found the answers I was searching for - not in some man-made book mind you - but right in God's Word, the Bible! How so? Let's consider what the Bible teaches:
  • Does God really care about me (and you)? YES He does!!! 
John 3:16* says: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."
1 Peter 5:7* says: "while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he [God] cares for you."
  • Does God even hear my (your) prayers? YES, provided we pray in the way He approves.
Psalms 65:2* says: "O Hearer of prayer, to you people of all sorts will come."
1 John 3:22* says: "and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we are observing his commandments and doing what is pleasing in his eyes."
  • Will the atrocities of war, sickness and suffering ever end? YES! God foretells a time when HE will establish peace earth-wide and do away with sickness and death once and for all.
Isaiah 2:4* says: "He will render judgement among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore."
Isaiah 33:24* says: "And no resident will say: 'I am sick.'"
Revelation 21:4* says: "And he [God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things [including all of today's atrocities, sicknesses and sufferings] have passed away."
  • What happens to us when we die? Contrary to what I was taught as a young girl and what most of the world's religions still teach today (afterlife, purgatory, dead people talk to us etc.), the Bible says that at death, humans cease to exist and can no longer harm or help us [the living]!
Genesis 3:19* says: "In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return."
Psalms 146:3, 4* says: "Do not put your trust in princes Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation. His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish."
Ecclesiastes 9:5* says: "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun."

So you see, the Bible can be a real source of comfort in these difficult times. To benefit from its counsel though, you not only have to read the Bible, but study the scriptures, meditate on the counsel contained within and apply said counsel in your lives. This world with its ever-declining moral standards and depravities is passing away. God has promised better times ahead, a guarantee you'll never find in any man-made book or novel! God's Word is indeed truth and He cannot lie! (Titus 1:2*).

*New World Translation Bible (2013) available to read/download free here

P.S. Don't forget to share if you like this post.

See you next time!
EPGsig

8 comments :

  1. Thank you for visiting my website. It's been a fun challenge, and I've kept going on a fresh a-z challenge (on Build a Better Blog) but once a week. :-) Build a Better Blog Weekly posts following letters A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shirley.
      Thank you for taking the time to pop over and say hello. I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  2. Hello Barbara. Thank you for visiting my page and leaving a comment on my "Reflections" post for the A-Z April Challenge.

    Oh my! We're very much alike in being bookworms, reading a real book, and using a flashlight after lights out to read a book. I am wearing a heavy pair of eyeglasses now.

    See you around bloggers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria.
      lol...I think I should be in tri-focals, but my vanity prevents me from going to that step...but I may well have to on my next eye exam! Thank you for popping in.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting Anabel's Travel Blog on the A to Z Road Trip a while back. I just found your comment today and replied - it had gone into spam and I've not been blogging for a couple of weeks and hadn't noticed. Apologies! Congratulations on also finishing the challenge - and I liked your reflections post. I had all the same problems with trying to comment on blogs which made it difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anabel.
      I had issues even getting my comments to go through on some wp blogs, because even my comments were considered to be spam! I realize this is somewhat of a long post, but it's my first reflections and I tried to jot down all the problems I faced during this year's challenge. Somehow my issues were a lot more than last year. Thanks all the same for the visit. I'm just glad you found me...even if I was in your spam! (lol)

      Delete
  4. I love reading books not-on-screen too, and yes, meditating on the Word is important -- not just to read but to really hear what's being said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deniz.
      I totally agree...pity so many people today overstep God's commands as stated in the Bible in favour of "their" way. I appreciate your visit.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!