Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Religion 505

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and my second mini series entitled "Religion".

Let's recap: In the prior article, we compared some of the popular religious beliefs versus what the Bible actually teaches. Before I complete this particular series on religion, there's one other important point I need to bring to your attention - how to recognize true religion.

When we go shopping, we are faced with a plethora of choices - brown rice, wild rice, seeded, seedless, organic, fat-free, crop, full-length, 3/4 sleeve and so on. We make choices according to what we can afford, what we like or what's good/healthy for the family. What about our religion? Should we chose a religion that fits in with our personal taste/lifestyle? (Read 2 Timothy 4:3, 4*) Or should we choose a religion that encourages us to search the Bible for truth and practical answers to life's common questions? How does one even go about recognizing true religion? Let's look to the ultimate source of truth, God's Word, the Bible.

Features of true religion:-
  • True religion [the kind of worship that God approves] must base all its teachings on the Bible. Deuteronomy 12:32 (Byington) says: "All the matter that I am enjoining on you you are to take care to live up to; you are not to add to it nor subtract from it." [READ also Deuteronomy 4:2; John 4:23; Colossians 2:8*]
  • Must be called by God's Name. Acts 15:14, 17* states: "Symeon has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name...so that men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with peoples of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah." [READ also 1 Peter 2:9, 10*)
  • Must have love amongst themselves. John 13:35 (King James Version) says: "By this shall all men know that ye [you] are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." [READ also 1 John 4:20, 21*]
  • Must all (worldwide) speak in agreement. 1 Corinthians 1:10* states: "Now, I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." [READ also Romans 16:17; Philippians 2:2*]
  • Must be no part of this world. Notice what Jesus said at John 17:14*: "I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world." [READ also 1 John 2:15-17; 5:19; James 4:4*]
  • Bible's answer of only one religion at Ephesians 4:5, 13 (American Standard Version): "One Lord, one faith, one baptism...till we all attain unto the unity of the faith, and of the accurate knowledge of the Son of God." [READ also 1 Corinthians 8:5, 6*]
I was raised in a Christian family, but I always had lingering questions which never really got answered to my satisfaction - questions like: Why am I here? Why do people die? Why is there so much suffering? Years ago, when someone told me God's name is Jehovah, I was totally shocked, because I always thought God's name was...er...God! To prove the truth of this, I looked it up in my own Bible and lo and behold, there it was! [Exodus 6:3, Psalms 83:18, Isaiah 12:2 and Isaiah 26:4 (King James Version)] Armed with new-found knowledge, I was inspired to learn more about this God, Jehovah. I started studying the Bible and the more I read and examined it, the more I kept finding inconsistencies with what I was taught to believe and what the Bible actually says. There is so much to learn about Jehovah God and as mere humans, we'll never fully comprehend how Great and Mighty He is. But, as I strive daily to live in a way that God would approve and by strictly adhering to Bible principles, I am seeing how God's counsel is reshaping my life. No longer am I worried about where this life is headed. I have complete trust and faith in all the promises of the Bible, which gives me hope for the future. Having gladly and willingly accepted Jesus' invitation to "take life's water free" (John 4:14; Revelation 22:17*), there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that I have found the one, true religion spoken of in the Bible. You can find it too...question is do you want to?

*New World Translation Bible (2013) available to read/download free here
**Image from "Good News" Brochure [Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of PA]
***Read the complete "Religion" mini series here

P.S. Don't forget to share if you like this post.

See you next time!
EPGsig

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!