Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cooking 306 | LASAGNA

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 30th post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!"

Today, I had to make dinner, but after being out 'n' about for half the morning, I didn't have the usual time [nor energy] to slave in the kitchen. Earlier, I had picked up a few things from the supermarket on my way home, but I had no plan on what to make. As I rummaged and tutted through the fridge/pantry, I spotted a couple packs of ground turkey and chicken hidden behind some veggies. I usually keep those to make meatloaf, but we had that last week and I wasn't up for it again.

The brain cells went into overdrive thinking what to cook. Then it hit me - why not make lasagna - we'd not eaten that in a long while. I usually make my own sauce, but today was definitely not one of those days! Thankfully, I always have a variety of pasta and a can or two of tomato sauce in the pantry for quickie fixes and since hubby loves cheese, we've always got plenty of that too. So I got busy chopping and sauteing my vegetables [onions, garlic, carrots, peppers] in a little coconut oil mixed with butter - everything tastes better with butter! I browned the meat, added the sauce and let that simmer for about fifteen minutes. I made my cheese mixture and got to work layering. About an hour later, I had the most delicious-tasting lasagna. Mmmmm...oh my word...it was so out-of-this-world good that hubby said I outdid myself and actually helped himself to seconds! Let me show you how I made it. View the photo tutorial from My Kitchen to yours here. If you have any questions, suggestions or your own tips and tricks on making lasagna, please feel free to share them in the comments box below.

Enjoy & see you next time!
EPGsig

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!