Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Cooking 307 | GROWN-UP MAC 'N' CHEESE

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 31st post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!"

I've been somewhat under the weather lately and just haven't had the energy to do anything. My one consolation is I love how soft and curly my hair is - courtesy of my new and improved DIY Coco-Shea hair and body creme that I made a couple of days ago. I'll post an update soon. In the meantime, I did have to pop out for a bit yesterday...first time I saw daylight all week! My fridge was crying out for some attention so I had to pick up a few things for dinner.

I had decided to make my favourite comfort food, macaroni cheese. Not the faux, orange stuff in the blue box that kids seem to go crazy over! I'm talking about grown-up mac 'n' cheese with tons of cheese and real cheese sauce. Back in the day, I'd make my own sauce starting with melted butter, flour, milk or cream and cheese. Those days of stirring and whisking to avoid lumps are long gone...I don't have that kind of time anymore! But I've found a way to make the same creamy sauce in half the time, with little to no effort involved. I love to make things from scratch, but these days, I'm all about quick and easy. And when hubby enjoys my creative works, that in itself makes my efforts all the more worthwhile! Let me show you how I made it. View the photo tutorial from My Kitchen to yours here. If you have any questions, suggestions or your own tips and tricks on making mac 'n' cheese, please feel free to share them in the comments box below.

Enjoy & see you next time!
EPGsig

4 comments :

  1. Another great post, I seem to be just breezing through blogs lately being unemployed, maybe I should post more or Does anyone have a blog they would like to recommend? Self-promoted is always good too!
    makeituporfunny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cheez.
      I appreciate the comment. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious. I have not had real home baked mac n cheese since my mother used to make it. I suppose this is something I should be able to do, I think I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Jeffrey.
      Without a doubt, I'd say my mum's mac 'n' cheese is the best I've ever tasted. I've never been able to replicate her recipe, but this one comes pretty close. Plus it's quite easy. In my humble opinion [which doesn't really count for much], homemade always tastes better than the stuff you can get in the box. Do give it a try...cooking is fun!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!