Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Friday, October 02, 2015

Off On My Tangent | Beauty 205

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 17th post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!"

I have a new love...it's not what you're thinking...it's simply Mango Butter!
I've been reading up a lot about Mango Butter recently and since it received such rave reviews, I decided I needed to try this butter out for myself. Here are some of the benefits I read about and can attest to after I made it:

  • Natural vegetable fat and is a semi-hard butter, similar to cocoa butter. Comes from the seed of the mango fruit and has no smell (only the fruit pulp has a scent). 
  • Highly nourishing/hydrating and used to soften the skin
  • Can help to combat eczema, dermatitis and dry skin
  • Can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks and has anti-aging properties
  • Non-greasy and easily absorbed into skin
  • Can protect skin from sunburn and sun damage and can even sooth these conditions
  • Good for massage as it melts upon contact with the skin
  • Excellent moisturizer for hair, face and body
  • For best results, mix with a carrier oil (like Jojoba)

This is not the first time I've used Mango Butter, but I've made some changes so thought I'd re-post this article. I've been spending a lot of time in my Test Kitchen re-formulating recipes. My results have been varied to say the least! Some formulations have been too hard, some too soft or runny and so as not to waste my precious ingredients [and money], I've been doing a lot of re-melting and re-whipping. As you can imagine, I've had quite a few EPG meltdowns myself!!! Now that I'm happy, I can re-share my recipe with you. The best part is...there are only 3 ingredients!
  This cream has some body to it and is really silky. You'd think it would be greasy, but once applied to the skin, it melts and is instantly absorbed, leaving your skin soft and smooth. It's light enough to use on your face and excellent as a hair pomade. It's even man-friendly too! Let me show you how I made it. View the photo tutorial from My Kitchen to yours here. If you have any questions, suggestions or your own tips and tricks on making mango butter body creme, please feel free to share them in the comments box below.

See you next time!
EPGsig

2 comments :

  1. I can imagine making my own cream, though it looks cool. I've been using something called working hands and like it better then any of the more popular ones on the market. I'm out blog visiting today, gearing up for the a-z challenge. Looking forward to getting acquainted with more bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandy.
      I've heard that's actually quite good...some of my friends use that brand too. I actually enjoy making my own concoctions, plus it's cheaper too!
      I'm also taking part in this year's challenge. I have my posts already written and pre-scheduled. I find this takes away some of the stress of writing on the actual day then trying to visit those on the list as well. Should be a lot of fun though. See you then! Thanks for taking the time to visit.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!