Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Friday, December 25, 2015

Cooking 308 | OLD-FASHIONED POPCORN

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 34th post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!"

This week has been really crummy and depressing - grey, rainy, drizzly and foggy. It reminded me very much of the English weather I used to know! I got kind of down-in-the-dumps and needed a quick pick-me-up. At such times, I would normally turn to my favourite ice cream, but I didn't have any since I've been trying to curb my cravings.

As I went through my cupboards tutting and sighing, I spotted a jar of popcorn hidden in the recesses. There wasn't much left and I don't know how long it had been sitting there, but I thought what the heck, might as well use it up. Now, this isn't the artificial, chemically-laden, microwave stuff in the bag...no, no, no! This is popcorn like mum used to make back in the day when we were kids and were allowed to stay up late to watch old-time movies. [Oh, I feel a moment of nostalgia coming on...sniff...sniff!] Okay, back to present day - I got my pan ready and added my oil [coconut of course] and the popcorn.


As the corn started to heat and pop, it gave off the most pleasing aroma...my mouth was watering!


A few minutes later, the popcorn was all done. While it was still hot, I sprinkled on a little salt and some Xylitol [I love kettle-corn style popcorn, but I also have to be mindful of hubby's diabetes]. There were only a few unpopped kernels left in the bottom of the pan.


I managed to get two servings of delicious popcorn so I shared with hubby. Mmmmm...nothing beats warm popcorn done the old-fashioned way...I'm feeling better already!

P.S. Don't forget to share if you like this post.

See you next time!
EPGsig

2 comments :

  1. For starters, anyone that uses "back in the day" in the course of their writing HAS TO BE a good person, as well as a superior writer. This entry reminds me of my mother making Jiffy Pop popcorn. Not quite as authentic as what you made, but hopefully the next best thing. Like phones that hand on the wall and not off your pocket, pan-popped popcorn is quite likely an endangered species these days!
    Happy Trails
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeff.
      I've only just seen this comment. It happened to be in my spam folder! I appreciate your time and visit here.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!