Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Beauty 209 | WHIPPED SHEA BUTTER CREAM

Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess and the 39th post in my series entitled "Off On My Tangent!"

Even though I love to make my own DIY hair and beauty products, it seems like ages since I was last in my Test Kitchen so today, we are changing that with an update to my Shea Butter Cream. This is a slightly different version to my previous cream. [For those allergic to Coconut Oil, you  may omit this and substitute an extra tablespoon of the other carrier oils such as Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Macadamia or Olive oils.] This updated version can be used on hair and skin. I wouldn't recommend using it on the face though - it's a bit too heavy for that.

I followed the exact same method as I did when making my previous Shea Cream - mash the room-temperature Shea with a fork [makes it easier to whip], whip it for about 5 minutes, add the oils, whip another 5 minutes, stir in the essential oils whipping slightly to ensure they're completely mixed in [essential oils are optional], then put in containers. I found this set of four x 4 oz containers [shown in image] at my local Walmart for $4.94. That's it...no heat or melting involved! I've listed the updated ingredients below.

Ingredients
1 cup Unrefined Shea Butter [I used the ivory Shea, my favourite]
1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Virgin Coconut Oil [use fractionated Coconut Oil if you don't like the smell]
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 Teaspoon (Tsp) Jamaican Black Castor Oil [OR regular Castor Oil]
1/2 Tsp Vitamin E Oil
1/2 Tsp Glycerine [optional - added for extra slip]
5 drops each of Essential Oils [optional]: Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense & Orange

Yield: (2) x 8 oz containers & (1) x 4 oz container [this is the perfect size for gift-giving].

View a more detailed tutorial here.

P.S. Don't forget to share if you like this post.

Have fun in your kitchen & I'll see you next time!
EPGsig

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!