Social Connections & Search This Blog

Contact MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on G+Barbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on PinterestBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Instagram

Thursday, May 11, 2017

B~Tips #2

Hello there. Welcome to B~Tips where I share tried & tested tips, tricks & hacks.

What do you do when your skin is just plain blah, dull, or lifeless? Revive it with a DIY detoxifying face mask.

I've suffered with acne since my early teens right on into adulthood. Prescription and over-the-counter acne treatments work initially, but after repeated use, they tend to leave my skin feeling dry and stripped, often exacerbating the problem. Add to that the stresses of everyday life coupled with the unclean atmosphere we exist under and my skin takes a real beating.

I've come up with a cheap and simple detox face mask that uses just 3 ingredients (or 2 if you're on a tight budget). It removes built up dirt and grime from your pores and leaves your skin feeling clean and smooth. Just make sure to moisturize really good afterwards.

In a non-metal container, mix into a smooth paste the following:

  • 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) Bentonite Clay
  • 1/2 teaspoon Rhassoul Clay
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (OR distilled water OR floral water - eg rose water)
  • (OPTIONAL) 1-2 drops Essential Oil (I like to add Tea Tree Oil for its anti-bacterial properties)
This might seem like a small amount, but it makes more than enough paste to cover your whole face and neck. Use more or less liquid to suit your personal needs. Bear in mind, you don't want the paste to be too thick otherwise it won't spread easily. If it's too runny it won't sit on your skin. Apply to clean face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. As the mask dries, you'll feel it working, sucking out all those impurities from your pores. After expired time, rinse with barely lukewarm water. Pat dry and follow up with your moisturizer of choice. Repeat treatment 1-2 times per week. Adding this mask to my regular routine has helped to keep my breakouts to a minimum, while revitalizing my skin.


P.S. If this post was helpful, you may share it.

See you next time!
EPGsig

3 comments :

  1. I never thought of making my pwn facial mask. In what type of store can you get those clays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Barbara.
      I usually buy these clays online from Nature's Oil or Bulk Apothecary. Amaazon usually has a variety of these clays too. Hope this helps. Thanks so much for popping over. I hope you'll come back soon!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!