Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Monday, April 07, 2014

A to Z Challenge - F is for FRIEND


Hello there. Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I am taking part in the 2014 A-Z Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April, with Sundays off. Today's letter is: F for Friend [Click here to see my other AtoZ posts]

The Bible describes a true friend as someone who sticks closer than a brother, is always loyal and friendly, comes to the aid of his companion in times of distress and gives counsel to him in faithfulness. (Proverbs 17:17; 18:24) Can you truly say that about your friend?

Would your friend steer you in the right direction if he saw you were going astray or taking a path that could lead to destruction? Sure, wealthy people have many friends [or magnets as I like to call them] while the money-well is stocked and overflowing, but what happens when it dries up...the magnets lose their stick, their selfish interest and go looking for another easy, well-stocked target! (Proverbs 19:4, 6, 7) The Bible tells us that a man's enemies can even come from his own household. (Matthew 10:36)

So what if I told you that you could become a friend of God? You'd probably think I was off on my tangent again, but let's consider this: Abraham had outstanding faith in God, so much so that he was willing to offer up his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice just as God had commanded him. (Genesis 22:1-24) As a result of his unquestionable willingness, obedience and faith, Abraham was bestowed the honour and privilege of being called "Jehovah God's friend." (James 2:23) Imagine that...a friend of God, the Creator of the Universe! Whose friendship would you prefer - friendship with this dying world and everything in it (James 4:4) or friendship with God and the hope of living forever on paradise earth? (Psalms 15:1-5; 37:29; Isaiah 41:8; James 2:21-23;)

As for me, my friendship is definitely with my God, Jehovah!

*Scriptures ~ New World Translation Bible (2013) available to read/download free here

See you next time!
EPGsig

8 comments :

  1. I love how you said that, we can become friends with God. I think that's true. I turned away from Him when I was angry for what was going on in my life when I was younger. Than, I turned to Him again and He was still there waiting for me, accepting me. A true friend does that.

    Elsie
    AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elise.
      I am sure there are many people worldwide who blame God when things go awry in their lives...I used to be one of them. But since I've been studying the Bible, I've come to realize that God is not to be blamed for anything. (Job 34:10; James 1:13) He loves us and wants us to be close to Him. (James 4:8) Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hello F Kay.
      Thanks a lot. I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  3. God is definitely our friend.

    Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2014, My Latest post

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Damyanti.
      Yes...God is the best friend we could ever have! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello Damaria.
      You have a lovely name. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting.
Comments are always welcome...so go on, say something!