Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A to Z Challenge | M is for MARMALADE


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
  British people love scones with jam and/or marmalade. As a British expat living in America for fifteen years now, there are still some British things I cannot do without. These include PG Tips Tea, Jam, Marmalade, Bisto Gravy, Weetabix and Imperial Leather Bath Soap to name but a few.

I don't particularly care for American jams (too jelly-like) or chocolate (too wax-like) and there's no substitute for Salad Cream either!
So, did you guess the item for today's letter? M for Marmalade


See you next time!
EPGsig

14 comments :

  1. I still eat orange marmalade. Usually at restuarants for my toast.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Cohost
    M is for Movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephen.
      I love marmalade on toast...best way imho to eat toast!
      Nice to see you again.

      Delete
  2. Too funny! There was a British restaurant and store I visited once in CA, and they had the most interesting packaged goods and food items. I believe that "spotted dick" is a kind of pudding with raisins in it, but we had such a laugh about it as Americans.
    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Courtney.
      Oh my...now you're bringing back some memories! Spotted Dick along with Gypsy Tart used to be very popular desserts in England! Don't ask me where the names came from...all I know is they were delicious!
      Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. I love homemade apricot jam and apple butter. The jellies from the store are too sugary for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello J Hanna.
      Apricot is not one of my favourite fruits, although I do like to use Apricot Kernel Oil in my diy face cream. I agree about too much sugar in store jellies.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Can't say I'm a huge fan of marmalade. Hand me a good jam and I'm set. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David.
      I love jam too...jam and butter sarnie...now you're talking!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. You should visit one of the luxury hotels in India. They still serve an elaborate English breakfast with small sized bottles of jams and marmalades. My friend was gonna write a guest post for me on Mango Marmalade for M. Now I have to make do with a Mehendi post for M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there the wordcoiner.
      One of these fine days, I will indeed visit India...it's such an exotic-looking place filled with mystery and intrigue...at least that's how I imagine it to be! I didn't realize Mehendi took so long to do (8 hours). You certainly have patience!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. 8 hours was only for my wedding Mehendi. The lady who applied it was a perfectionist. Otherwise it takes much less.

      Delete
    3. It's so nice to see you again wordcoiner!
      Perfectionist or not, she did an excellent job!
      Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  6. I'm a fan of British products too. The chocolate is real chocolate. Just look at the ingredients. The first word on imported chocolate is 'Milk'. The first word in American chocolate is 'Sugar'. Makes a big difference.
    As for jams, I usually find a World Market and buy Blackcurrent Jam. It's hard to find, but worth finding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      Yes, I wholeheartedly agree about the chocolate. American chocolate is way too waxy for me. I also love blackcurrant jam. Sadly, I don't have or know of a World Market where I live. I'll have to check to see if they are online.
      Thanks for popping over.

      Delete