Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Saturday, April 18, 2015

A to Z Challenge | P is for PENS (and POETRY)


Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...
  I love to send handwritten "Thank You" or "Just Thinking About You" notes. It especially warms my heart whenever I receive anything handwritten in return.

Sadly, with the influx of all these different electronics, phones and tablets, I fear the art of writing and speaking will soon be lost. I do text sometimes, but I'm nowhere near as fast as some I've seen...I'm just a one-finger texter, I have a hard time finding letters!!! I love the way a pen feels in my hand. It's my stylus of choice and it looks so classy and sophisticated too - guess I'm just old fashioned or plain old!!!
Today's letter is: P for Pens (and a surprise below...with permission from hubby of course!)



My darling, permit me to bear thorough witness about the qualities and values I have found in you and to celebrate this love and friendship that have become symbols of my humble life.

In all of my ailments and sorrows, it is you who delivers me from misery with your kindness, and in this incorrigible world, it is your spiritual encouragement keeping me focused upon the prize of a faithful love in paradise.

In spite of your humility, a thousand nights in your loving arms is never enough to stop me from noticing the mysterious beauty of your loving eyes.

I am smitten with your sultry elegance, my love, and I shall gladly whisper my secrets into the evening wind knowing I will magically taste your feminine fragrance with each word.

So permit me, Lady Flower, to love you with justified passion and observe the greatest translation of love through my heartfelt tears.

Written by/copyright 29th April 2013 ~Andy David~

See you next time!
EPGsig

14 comments :

  1. Lovely piece, and the back ground music is very calming. Just dropping in from the A to Z, I have given your blog a shout out from my letter P today https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosie Amber.
      Thank you for the kind gesture and nice of you to stop by.

      Delete
  2. Hi - I'm dropping in from a shout out to your blog on Rosie Amber's blog https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane.
      Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I love pens. I have oodles and oodles of pens, I've collected over the years. Nothing fancy, just ones that catch my eye in color or design.

    And what lovely thoughts your husband penned for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Trudy.
      I love pens too...just wish my handwriting was better! (lol)
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean! The stamps keep increasing in price also. I create cards and love doing this but I wonder how many people buy them and mail them. Now I love that love poem that your hubby wrote-it is simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Birgit.
      I shall pass on your compliment to my hubby. Thank you.
      It seems like the cost of stamps go up every couple of months or so.
      I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  5. Hand written notes are becoming a lost art. have to admit i text far more than I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephen.
      Yes, gone are the days of hand-written notes and the lovely sentiments behind them. Somehow, at least for me, a text doesn't seem to have the same kind of thought behind it. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I like the feel of a pen, kind of look how I love the feel of an actual book instead of reading it online. I don't like to use tablets for bibles or song books. Just doesn't feel right for some reason.
    For my writing, I still use a good ol' pen to take notes with before I type it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      I'm a bookworm so I hear you about the feel of those books. Tablets have their place and are good for a quick reference, but you can't beat the real thing...be it pen or book!
      Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  7. It can be nice to send/receive hand written notes, as long is the message is not of an urgent nature. I know what would happen with my friends though - they would scan the note and upload it to Facebook lol
    Popping by on the A to Z Road Trip
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie.
      Urgent messages definitely need a phone call or SOS text (lol).
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete