Social Connections & Search This Blog

Email MeBarbara David [Entrepreneurial Goddess] on FacebookBarbara David [EPGoddess] on NetworkedBlogsBarbara David [EPGoddess] on TwitterBarbara David [EPGoddess] on LinkyFollowersBarbara David [EPGoddess] on Pinterest

Saturday, April 25, 2015

A to Z Challenge | V is for VEGETABLES

Hello there.
Welcome to Entrepreneurial Goddess.
I'm taking part in the 2015 AtoZ Challenge - 26 posts on 26 days of April with Sundays off. My theme is "Things around my home". All photos are by me, Entrepreneurial Goddess. Find my other entries here...

I like most vegetables and try to have a serving with each meal. There are, however, some vegetables, like Brussels Sprouts, that can be quite bland and boring. However, I have found that if you roast them, they get brown around the edges and become sweet and yummy.

Here, I have a selection of vegetables that I cut about the same size so they cooked evenly, seasoned with a little EPG House Seasoning (black pepper, garlic powder, pinch of salt - and I mean a tiny pinch of salt) then tossed in a pan that was preheated with a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil (my favourite oil to cook with and also use from head to toe). Roast for 25-40 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until tender. If I don't have anything else cooking in the oven, I'll bump up the temperature to 425 degrees and roast for about 30-35 minutes instead. Bear in mind oven temperatures and cooking times will vary. If you'd like to try any of my other recipes, click here.
Today's letter is: V for Vegetables

Seasoned raw vegetables
Roasted and sweet vegetables

See you next time!
EPGsig

10 comments :

  1. I love vegetables. Cooked on a cast iron skillet. Raw. Juiced or in the Vitamix. Soup. You name it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you! I'm trying to do more juicing, but it's not going so well. :-(
      Thanks for stopping by, Stephen

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love Brussels sprouts. They're my favorite vegetable. I agree, roasting them truly brings out their best flavor. I like to make them with some brown sugar and sugar roasted bacon. Apparently I like them best when they aren't as healthy... ;) Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elle.
      Now everything tastes better with bacon...I'll have to give that a try!
      Thanks for sharing the tip.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that about brussel sprouts. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Suzy.
      Back in the day, I used to just steam them with a little butter, but because I don't use much salt in my cooking, they never really had any flavour. Roasting them completely changes how they taste. Glad to share my tips.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Delicious! More and more of my friends are using coconut oil and grapeseed oil. I've always used and love olive oil but I guess I'm behind the times - I'll be looking into the coconut oil tomorrow at our grocery store! Thanks for visiting my site! @Door2LoreSue
    PowerofStoryABlog - Every Hero Has a Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sue.
      I still use olive oil, especially in my diy creams and hair pomades, but for the most part, coconut oil is my favourite. Hope you find some in your grocers!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I love roasted Brussels Sprouds. The only vegetable I really hate are onions. Which is a problem as most people seem to make everything with onions as additives. So then I come across as picky when I shy away from foods containing onions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeffrey.
      I think the best way to eat Brussels is to roast them. They take on a completely different flavour when roasted compared to just steamed or boiled. Like I mentioned in one of your blog posts, I put onions in almost everything I make, together with garlic. I'm picky too about some foods (like red meat), but I also love onions. Welcome to the picky club! lol

      Delete